Felt like loosening up a bit. Painted this pear from life this morning in soft north light. Had fun.
Saturday, April 28, 2007
Saturday, April 21, 2007
Gardenia's are my favorite flower. I love the fragrance as well as their beauty. Now and then I buy one but no matter how hard I try, I can't grow them. I'm giving it another try.. I'm hovering over this plant, keeping my eye peeled for any sign of trouble.
This is painted on prepared panel. oil 4" x 5"
Monday, April 16, 2007
Sunday, April 15, 2007
This is what I've been working on most recently. It's my grandson. He's a little strange at times. He and my son were at a mall in RI and he picked up this large branch and walked around with it for several minutes. I have no idea why, but my son snapped a photo.
I'm not sure if the composition is finished here. I have an idea or two for the background but for now I'm going to put it aside. I'll pick at the figure and tree somemore as well.
9.5" x 12"
Thursday, April 12, 2007
This is a drawing I did of my son standing on the beach in Narragansette RI. Spent the last few weeks there visiting my daughter and grandson. (I was a child bride, ahem). Anyway, It was cold. Hence the warm clothing.
I used the "envelope method" of drawing for the first time. Apparently it's a classical method that's been around for a long while.
Anthony Ryder has written a beautiful book on this method, "The Artist's Complete Guide To Figure Drawing". His drawings as well as his paintings are exquisite!
This is my friend Angie. She owns and runs an art supply and frame shop. (Art Lines) For years she has been asking me, "When are you going to paint my picture?". So, one day armed with my camera, I went to the shop and snapped a few not so great photos. Here's the one I used for her portrait.
- ► 2014 (24)
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (39)
- ► 2009 (44)
- ► 2008 (25)
- Felt like loosening up a bit. Painted this pear fr...
- I felt like painting outdoors but it's been rainin...
- Gardenia 2Gardenia's are my favorite flower. I lov...
- Did this one today so I would have something to po...
- The plums in this still life I set up were so sour...
- #1This is what I've been working on most recently....
- #2Worked on this a little more today. The color is...
- #3I'm not having fun. I have to put this away for ...
- This is a drawing I did of my son standing on...
- I had to paint this after I had it drawn. Both the...
- This is my friend Angie. She owns and runs an art ...
- Here's the finished portrait with the frame she ch...
- ▼ April (12)